Noob Needs Help With Webspace

g_bones

I recently purchased some webspace, but can't figure out how to set it up/use it. Do I just go straight to upload things through FTP, or do I need to configure something else first? I just want to host some files.

Funny thing is, I can't connect through the FTP. It is fine until it asks for a password, then it says login failed. Is the password for my account not the password I use for FTP? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am totally lost here! :huh:

you probably have a master FTP account that lets you access everything and that should be the same as your login password or you may need to create an FTP account. if your using cpanel then it should just be upload and then download without having to set anything up.

I received an email from the company (Dreamhost) that had my FTP login info, and it had the domain and username listed the same, but under password it had some weird AHw-OeW+AdO type stuff listed. This was also scattered around the email. Is this some code that just isn't displaying properly or what?