Okay, I Got My Chieftech Case Today

gravy

now i am trying to figure out how to setup the h2o in it

i already but out the mobo tray so i dont have to take it all apart to remove/re-install water blocks in the future

some people say they have cut out the metal at the bottom front to allow the radiator to sit below the drives, but i cant figure out where they are mounting their hard drives because doing that eliminates the bottom drive cage.......

i also thought about mounting it at the top, cutting out a 120mm blowhole and mounting the radiator to the underside of the top

i also am considering simply making a wooden box that will contain the radiator, pump and resovoir with two hoses coming out, and in that case, i was thinking about simply drilling two holes for two double male fittings, like having two fittings sticking out of the back of the case, and two on the inside, so all thats inside is the cpu block...........

in the end i want it to be as quiet as possible but still cool well, thats why i am going h2o anyways mostly, the wife wants to use this room for the new baby and the computer would have to go in our bedroom and as of right now, it sounds like a dustbuster!!..lol

any ideas?

if u put the rad. there that my pose aan air flow problem, because the rad will support a 120 mm fan and with that grill in front of it will be reduuced to 80mm air flow, unless the fan is on the inside

good luck, post pics of product

yeah, but i have two cdrom drives, and two hard drives and a floppy drive......thinking about eliminating the floppy and one of the cdrom drives

well, if i put it there i would use my dremel to cut out the metal in front of the radiator so it would accomodate a 120mm fan..

still, what i am trying to figure out is will it be quieter with the pump, radiator, and res. all inside the case, or outside....

i had another idea, make a "wind tunnel" out of wood, a rectangular box, mount the radiator in the middle, put a 120mm fan at each endto draw the air through....like an extreme shroud i guess........hrm...looks at 2 old cases to see what could be done with those........

okay, i decided to run the radiator in the front of the case, drilled out the three rivets holding the bottom cage support to remove it, going to cut out the front to allow the 120mm fan to breathe freely, but now i am wondering how quickly the radiator will get clogged with dust and such.......which means i have to mount it in a way that will allow me to remove it easily for cleaning

so how often do you find yourself cleaning your radiator?