Sign in to follow this  
ShadowPaktu

Upgrade From 512 To 1gb

Well, i was sceptical in the past about needed the 1gb memory, seeing as i though it wouldnt make that much of a difference. But now that i have some new ram at 1gb, HL2 runs silky smooth at max resolution with everything maxed, same with rom total war (and with anyluck WOW when it's released)

I bought these: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...oduct_uid=62993

Corsair XMS modules (2-2-2-5)

Only trouble is that my board has kept the old memory timings of (2.5-3-3-8) >.<

I definately agree, more RAM is always good.

Like ShadowPaktu there i never thought that i would need 256MB of RAM, then 512MB, ... But now at 2GB i think I will never need more RAM...

l :rolleyes:

Edited by Hienrich Jager

Hehe, 2GB aye? see a big diff in the latest games? or is it used for design and CAD software?

Anywho i turned on this morning and went int othe BIOS to change the timings myself, funny thing was, i think as it was turned off overnight, it saw sence and changed them itself :P, it's running good now, dead chuffed :D

Yeah a Gig makes all the difference. 512 just doesn't cut it anymore. There are some Forgotten Hope maps that don't even run that great with a Gig. It always cracks me up to see someone with 512MB going on about how they need RAID 0 Raptors to improve gaming performance.