Google Maps

d3bruts1d

Lookout Yahoo, Mapquest, and all of you others. Google is here.

Google Maps (Beta) OCC News

post-5662-1272122788_thumb.jpg post-67784-1272175236_thumb.jpg

If you look at the images you'll see link to this page. I'm sure bossiness will find that handy. link from the directions I created.

So, what do you think?

Only bad thing about it is there is not a wide browser support. This is the only problem I've seen with it so far. Imagine a company trying to use this to show web visitors how to get to their store.

post-67784-1272175266_thumb.png

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice - I like it. How are the driving directions? I have stopped using MapQuest because I think their setup is outdated and harder to use than MapPoint.

I love it. Score another win for google IMO. I like how you can seamlessly move around the map with the little arrows. Very nice.

Lol, I would say the browser support is pretty wide. You're just using the wrong browser :P:lol:

Edited by andrusk

Yeah. It works great. It'll be nice when they have the ability to save locations / searches and hopefully tie it all to the same user id for Google Groups and GMail.

It updates as fast as you can scroll. I went from my house (in TN) to S. Cal just scrolling around. Works great.

not bad at all, but idk, mapquest seems to be a little more "accurate" with location, liek google's tells me my address is actualyl about 4 houses down from where i am, misleading for ppl trying to find me....Map quest hits it dead on

looks cool, will they add uk os maps i wonder?....

414319[/snapback]

Probably. Remember, this is a beta service. ;) I'm sure after they get everything worked out, they'll expand to conq... cover the world.

not bad at all, but idk, mapquest seems to be a little more "accurate" with location, liek google's tells me my address is actualyl about 4 houses down from where i am, misleading for ppl trying to find me....Map quest hits it dead on

414322[/snapback]

Heh. I've actually got the complete oppisite response to that.

Also, I really like being able to type everything into one box rather than having to use 5 like MapQuest or Yahoo.

wtf?!?!

a little bugsy maybe....

it's when i tried to zoom on puerto rico

414324[/snapback]

lol... yeah, I'd say that it's got more than a few problems. Though remember, it is a beta product. ;):P