Gpu Cascade

jsu

Good job on the cascade - I know with a bit more tweaking you'll get -100c( :O ). I would love some extreme cooling for my gpu...I think I like graphics card ocing more then cpu  :lol: . A multi-stage is outta my league, but I would make a single stage except for the fact that the winnies have that annoying cold bug, and I'd have to make my own custom block to fit my disgruntled aiw(yes, I oc an aiw :P). Instead I plan on modding a retail waterblock and tec cooling it  :D .

Good luck!

521109[/snapback]

why would you have to make your own block?? chilly1 has some miny blocks that should fit it ;) . Also just upgrade to venice :-D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would you have to make your own block?? chilly1 has some miny blocks that should fit it ;) . Also just upgrade to venice :-D

521423[/snapback]

Even an aiw? It would have to be barely bigger then the mounting holes because of the tuner. I was planning on getting the maze4 and grinding off the top left edge to clear the tuner, and running at least a 172watt tec w/ a custom wc setup to get some below freezing action on the core. If he has a block that would fit that would be awesome, and I should be able to make a good single stage for cheaper then the dedicated water/tec loop I was planning. Never made a phase system before, but I have used a tec, and I dont know if i'll be able to make one that'll go colder then a high watt tec. Hmm...before I decide which way I'm going I better shoot him a pm.

Oh, and I thought the venice chips were also susceptible to the cold bug :blink: Until I upgrade my gpu I wont need a sick oc on my cpu anyway - my a64 is more then enough, I guess that can all wait(not like I had the cash to go venice/ps now anyway)

Hardcore air benching is real fun, and will always be a passion for me, but i'm not gonna get any first place hardware scores with air :)

Even an aiw? It would have to be barely bigger then the mounting holes because of the tuner.  I was planning on getting the maze4 and grinding off the top left edge to clear the tuner, and running at least a 172watt tec w/ a custom wc setup to get some below freezing action on the core. If he has a block that would fit that would be awesome, and I should be able to make a good single stage for cheaper then the dedicated water/tec loop I was planning. Never made a phase system before, but I have used a tec, and I dont know if i'll be able to make one that'll go colder then a high watt tec. Hmm...before I decide which way I'm going I better shoot him a pm.

Oh, and I thought the venice chips were also susceptible to the cold bug  :blink: Until I upgrade my gpu I wont need a sick oc on my cpu anyway - my a64 is more then enough, I guess that can all wait(not like I had the cash to go venice/ps now anyway)

Hardcore air benching is real fun, and will always be a passion for me, but i'm not gonna get any first place hardware scores with air  :)

521480[/snapback]

it should work, why dont you pm him?

it should work, why dont you pm him?

521483[/snapback]

I will soon as I get some $$ together(just bought a powerstream520, still recovering :lol: ).

...Man I havent logged my xs account in ages(made it before my occ one too :D )...hurray for lurking!