Who Knew?

Phil

A while back I installed Panda Platinum. (I love it). I uninstalled as much of the old MacAfee as I could, some just blocked my attempts even using it's own uninstall program. HijackThis urged caution as the remaining parts were intertwined with the OS, so I got gun shy and left it.

Last night in a fit of recklessness I went for it. Opened the program file and started deleting it piece by piece, cleaned up with HijackThis.

WOW! My computer was instantly much faster! It has never worked this well or this fast! Anyone else experience that?

MacAfee=The Devil IMHO

Yea, Norton's is ok, but McAfee just plain blows lol. I am glad you went with Panda it is a great AV and doesn't hog anywhere near the resources that McAfee does.

The client site where I work uses McAfee. They automatically schedule a scan every day beginning at 11:00 AM. On the PIII 700MHz I used to have it would run for 5 hours sucking up 25-30% CPU the whole time. On the 2.8 GHz P4 it's much fatser but still as much of a hog. They have it set up so that you can't kill the process from Task Manager, fortunately I have a little app that'll kill it - just hope they never find out why the scan never finishes on my machine :P

Norton is ok program. But I have had macfee firewall, anti-spyware software and it worked a while then stoped updating and working.

413981[/snapback]

One of my issues with MacAfee also was that I could never update, even with multiple "live chats" with tech support. My security level just kept eroding.