Asus A8v Deluxe With Amd 64 3400

trandynasty

i just got a Asus A8V Deluxe with amd 64 3400 socket 939 for a good deal. i read that asus mobo is not good at overclocking. and the msi is good but a bit pricy is there any mobo thats good at OC or should i get the MSI? Also i was think of getting maybe kingston 1gb ddr pc 3200 or should i get 2x 512 ddr 3200? :withstupid:

Edited by trandynasty

i just got a Asus A8V Deluxe with amd 64 3400 socket 939 for a good deal. i read that asus mobo is not good at overclocking. and the msi is good but a bit pricy is there any mobo thats good at OC or should i get the MSI? Also i was think of getting maybe kingston 1gb ddr pc 3200 or should i get 2x 512 ddr 3200? :withstupid:

413558[/snapback]

I would say go with the MSI or the Lanparty. Both very good boards for oc. Go 2 512 on the ram unless you plan on maxing out your ram on the mobo.

I had that asus board....after talking to bigred, i sold it on ebay for 75.00 and bought the msi....after installing the msi board i ran 3dmark2001, and i scored 5000. yes, 5 thousand points higher with the msi board.