For Those Who Are Angry At Valve For Steam

GregP24

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[rant]

wow this is a pathetic thread i mean seriously steam isnt that bad, its only given me one problem that is it doesnt save my favorites all the time, but hey it starts cs:s hl2:dm and garrysmod and every other game....updating takes 2 seconds i dont know wy everyone freak out about that, updating source, or any steam game for that matter doesnt take HOURS like some people rant the only way it takes hours is on dial up.

if you do have a problem with it what is it? seriously i havnt run itno a single problem but thats just my experience

this sounds like one of those " omg im switching to linux because i get bsod all the time omg omg omg i hate blill gates hes such a n00b linux is god"

i mean seriously get over yourself steam istnt that bad.

[/rank]

edit: the thing kashk5 was talking about is the only other steam lookalike that ive seen, that IS The only thing that takes hours to d/l but wont go into further detail*worried about forum rules*

Edited by ThunderChicken

I really don't see why everyone is pissed about Steam.

Boo craping hoo, you ran into some craping problems with it. Steam has greatly lowered piracy, and Valve is getting the god danged money that they deserve.

For once, stop looking at all the negative things, and try looking at the positive things and not be a bigot about it.

So, why don't you take some Tylenol, it'll help out with the cramps, and buy some Cottenelle if tampons are too costly for you.

Steam is an advancement, for game development companies if not for the end user. It's EXTREMELY hard to make your way in the game developing buisness these days. Publishers love to take huge amounts out of $3 worth of material, sold at $50. With Steam, Valve is getting the money that they deserve for their efforts. Also, lets see you write a Steam mimic. ALOT of craping hard work went into it. It's not like they could just open up Visual C++, open up a header file, and say:

#pragma

make(client_usefull);

make(more_money);

screw(over_vivendi);

They spent YEARS working on Steam(yes, years, I remember reading about it at their site long ago). For alot of them, it was great to see it work. It's always great to see your programs work well after you spend so much time and money making them.

Now, you're entitled to your own opinion, but don't be a craping bigot about it all and blow off a program such as Steam, untill you're a competent coder of major languages such as C, and write programs that are known world wide.

[/rant]

413195[/snapback]

I haven't had any major problems with it. I agree with KB and those who are Ok with Steam. I would like to see some quotes from the aleaged illeagalness. can I get some clearafacation on your 'programing' comment KB? NIce sudo code BTW! :lol::D BTW hasen't the music ind' been taking 'huge amounts $3 worth of material', for years and years? Mabye the begining of the end of that practice will start here in gaming.

I think I'll go play HL2 now. B)

Yes, but I was an angst filled little idiot back then...

Now I don't have so much angst.

413201[/snapback]

lol... so you're an angst nearly-time-for-a-fill-up little idiot these days?

:lol: j/k

virus,

yes have used steam, have used it to play the 1.4 version of counter strike way back, then valve introduced steam into the mix and i couldn't get online, wouldn't update anything all sorts of problems, even told me that my legit cd keys were not mine,

i've used steam recently (b4 u start saying it's improved since the old versions) on the half life 2 demo which i didn't read the small print on having to install steam b4 you could even play the dang demo didn't like it one bit.

I hate Steam so much it's not funny, and is the sole reason I have not purchased HL2.

that's the only reason i haven't gone and purchased hl2 also, why pay

Edited by sdy284

steam should be reserved for content delivery and updates only and should be optional, heck, i don't even have to have an internet connection once windows xp is activated, and still use it fine

just let us play, and do something constructive like fix VAC, quit wasting time on maps! people are making their own and porting maps from 1.6 faster than valve can already without valve's help

thats like refusing to buy a car, because you have to use a key to drive it

415314[/snapback]

When you buy a car the key always starts it. That's not the case with Steam. A car key doesn't make you wait an hour before you can open your car door either.

When you buy a car the key always starts it. That's not the case with Steam.

415318[/snapback]

EXACTLY

if they fixed offline mode to be enabled if no connection to the servers can be established, it wouldn't be such a big deal, but as of now, you have to connect to a server in order to get to offline mode................which does no good at all, the only time you want offline mode is when the servers are down!