Intel Overclock

nemo74

opinions will vary

a year ago i would have recommended a 2.4C cpu, now, a 3.0C or 3.0E

motherboards.....Abit IC7-G or Asus P4C Deluxe or DFI Lanparty/Infinity, all are socket 478

the 3.0C/3.0E are known to hit 4Ghz on those mobo's

i dont know if you go socket 775, i wouldn't do that though from what i have been told and have read, the 775 platform may not be around for long

I agree with gravy, those would be my top choices for skt 478 on mobo's. The p4 2.4C is still the best overclocking chip, with the biggest bang for the buck! Also he is right, if you are looking to hit 4gigs, better go with a 3.0C....and you need some very good ram to hit that 275 or 280FSB... :P

• 4 months later...
Best one, not thinking about money.  AND with money in mind.

413139[/snapback]

:P I reckon u should consider the abit ic7 max5 &3gig cpu. Icurrently am running that combo my cpu is running at 3.6 gig & stable. is watercooled tho. :P

the best intel solution i know of is the pentium-m dothan (479) chip on an asus p4c800e-deluxe mobo... overclocked, it can match or beat an fx55... and they're cheapy cheap! :)

the drawback is agp... so as long as you have money for a decent agp card, or you already HAVE a decent agp card, you might wanna consider this... you need a 478-479 socket adapter...

Guest Silenc3
a pentium-m 1.6 dothan @ 3ghz would beat an FX55 @ 3ghz... which stomps all over any P4 478 overclocked...

498026[/snapback]

true that!

but I dont think he has the time or the patience to get it! Nvm the fact you'd need h20.

but a 3.C or 3.2E would be best bet.

Dont bother going 775, wont give you any benifits

edit* and ofcourse abit ic7-g II/III

Edited by Silenc3