How To Totaly Kill A Already screwed Hdd

jenbu

ya if u didnt read my first post my hardrive is sufering from the "click of death" my dumbass dad is telling me its fine and im not waisting MY money on a new drive but for some ironic reason everytime theres a click MY COMPUTER crapING FREEZES but anyway im desprite cas my computer is way more then capable to load firefox without freezing 4-5 times so is there a way to silently (its night time here now) and nonvisibly "ie no hammers to it (dads not that dumb)" to just plain kill the drive

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ile try the first one cas i dont exsactly understand the second one <_< but ile just wait a lil longer then do it and by morning do a hela lot of complaining to papa and ile buy a new hardrive (i wana raptor but my cheap butt cant aford it and dont wana save since i cant play anything )

If you have the right equipment (HDD's have funny screws [admire the technical terms.. lol]) then you could open it up, smear jam (or a sticky substance of your choice) on the platter/s and then screw it back together.

To be honest, just opening it up should be enough to kill it.. just liked the jam idea.

hehehehe all these ideas sound fun but wuts a good excuse for saying my hardrive craped out (like should i say my comp just shutdown then when i tried turning it on it wouldnt)???

Edited by jenbu

I remember from an ealier post on the occ about dumb ppl and tech support ppl someone said that some one called saying their hdd wasnt working. He asked "What did you last do?" and the person ansewed "It was making noise so I decided to clean it." He asked "How did you go about this cleaning?" and the guy replied "First I opened the case and then unscrewed the top of the hdd and sprayed wd40...." What im saying is open the HDD up and spray wd40 in it that will finish it.