Winchester 90nm + Prime95

Just read a 19 page thread over at XtremeSystems. It sounds like it was just a problem with earlier Winchesters. Anyone here know if this has this been resolved properly? At the end of the thread it just felt, to me, like they were still all mainly playing guessing games.

If it is mainly just earlier cores that are affected, then how likely am I to get an earlier core ordering now (I already ordered on Wednesday) ? Getting one of these things that won't Prime stable at stock speeds would really, really, top it all off for me :)

On a side note: I really do need to stop spending!! I'm digging in to my savings now, all 'cause my friend was being very encouraging: "Well, you're going to spend it anyway! Why not spend it NOW?". Friends are good :)

Yes, friends are so HELPFUL, aren't they?

I have a serious spending problem too. I jus bought a whole bunch of stuff I didn't need, but since I found "bargains", I HAD to buy them.

Got me 2 74GB Raptors, Audigy2 ZS, Sennheiser headphones, and Shure headphones for my iPod. All of that set me back quite a bit........

TO add to the question I got my 3200 about 3 weeks ago and I can't run prime95 on it.  I was also told from a good source that there was a problem with our chipset.

412511[/snapback]

Well someone from OCZ on the thead did a straight swap from an early Winchester that wouldn't prime, to a Newcastle, and it primed just fine. They also went and bought a new Winchester which was a later week and that primed just fine. It seems like the earlier chips but at the end of the thread they were still pretty much debating what the cause was :)