School Donations

CheeseMan42

Usually i say that to chicks, but that's a nice rack ASUS loll :lol:

412003[/snapback]

ya.. lol.. i feel special to get to touch that..

well.. what you see is 2 fiber distribution centers to deal with our fiber optic connections from servers to switches.. then you see that black thing.. that monitors temps, NAS, and many other things.. then you see that silver thing.. that is the os x server and the os x raid 5 then below that is the dell poweredge server that does basically nothing but sit there lol.. we use it for testing of sorts.. then below that is a thing i dont know to much about ... then that other computer is a DHCP with 7 scopes because we could not get super scopes to work on the network. . then some battery backups.. then we have a 17 tape backup loader.. and some empty space... thats the empty one.. you should see the other one.. WOW.. then we have a novell server thats running netware 6.5 for the PC's .. thats just an old p3 760mhz computer with 2gb of ram.. lol.. but we do most of the saving to NAS

Hmmm

10 P4 dells in the Lower School (PK-4) and 2 eMacs

10 P4 Dells -_- in the Middle School (5-8) computer lab.. Optiplex, small, pretty good

5 P4 dells in the Middle School library, the desktops, okay for Word and Powerpoint and the like

10... 10... okay, I have no idea what they are. Small things that use Citrix metaframe THAT BLOW! I HATE THEM! SO SLOW!

20 P4 dells (same as the Middle School lab) in the Upper School (9-12) lab

10 P4 dells in the Uppper School library

Why the school can't get some new computers for the Middle School ibrary is beyond me. Maybe I can get the school to install Folding on ALL the computers :ph34r:

We have too many comps in our school. We are almost all macs though. Lots of crappy emacs, some g4's, a ibook lab(wireless) and a new lab of g5's! Then we have 2 p3 labs, 2 p4 labs, and almost very class room has some comps in it.

Our typing lab has P4's but nowhere else does. <_<

We have lots of P3's most are about 500Mhz if your lucky you get a 1Ghz one. The worst is the 3D Studio max labs has all 500Mhz P3's with 128MB of RAM and integrated graphics can you say one day to render 3 sec of animation.

I'm so jealous... my high school has a billion gateway P2's (maybe pentiums?) 100MHz and 133MHz computers running win98/citrix. Then there's one room with about thirty 2GHz P4's for engineering/drafting/architecture. The best part is that the teacher still has an old crappy computer but the cafeteria has a P4 (so people can type their ID number for their lunch account). lol what a waste... Thankfully I no longer use the computers at my school. I mean they still teach VB6! Isn't that counter-productive?

My school just recently got about 24 new Dell P4s for the lab. I haven't been down there to check it out yet, however. The library has 9 almost identical Dells. Every class has an old P3 Dell (beige desktop formfactor-old) in it, but some teachers don't use them, some have two. I don't use the classroom comps because it hurts to use windows 98, especially on a machine as slow as they are. <_<

whats wrong with vb? im taking a class on it right now

413230[/snapback]

There's nothing wrong with VB, I took a class on it last semester at the community college. But VB6 is old! It is completely different from the .NET version(s), which is supposedly the "future" of programming. I learned VB6 years ago and almost none of that knowledge helped me with VB .NET 2003 (in terms of coding). I think Visual Studio .NET 2005 was supposed to come out, but I don't know if it did/is. Again, VB6 is several versions behind. And don't complain about costs (public schools with no budget, like mine), I bought a legit academic version (just like professional, but you can't use it to make money) of Visual Studio .NET 2003 for $20, including shipping.

EDIT: hmmmm... hijack <_<