Sign in to follow this  
Ghost2520

Alienware Sure Convinced Me!

Everyone, lets post this on every other computer forum we know, tell a friend, do it urself, bring alien ware down!

You guys ever watch shows like "American Hot Rod"? The ones where these highly skilled guys work their asses off to build these amazing cars and get every little detail right, and then some richie rich douche bag comes in and drops a couple hundred grand and takes it home. He has no idea what he got, or how much sweat and blood went into it, but he sure can write a check! Alienware is the same thing, only the computers aren't extraordinary, they're just the same old stuff in a REALLY ugly case.

They make this huge deal about how if you go to newegg you HAVE to put it together yourself. Isn't that the fun right there? Isn't that the sense of accomplishment? How impressive is it to cut a fat check for something that's worth half what you paid? I can't imagine "not having time" to save myself a thousand dollars.

The last little bit of respect I had for alienware is gone after seeing that page, that is rediculous.

^^^ you just gave me an idea. How about a show called something like "Amazing Rigs, Super Rigs, Awesome Rigs, Sweet Rigs" lol you get the idea...anywayz we do a show to tech-tv or something like that where we build SUPER rigs on the show, eh? haha and then bad mouth places like Alienware and why it is cheaper, and just plain better to build it yourself lol.

Well I hardly believed thier attack against a respected vender like Newegg would get them some quarter here. I've bought every piece of hardware in my machine and the 5 I have built for others from newegg. Never got the wrong item, never recieved a broken or damaged item, and it was always cheaper.

The fact of the matter is that AW only caters to a percentage of the prebuilt crowd, they are considered the V8's of the computer world. My aunt wanted to buy a AW, I convinced her to buy a Dell and save some money. I would have built her a system but she HAS to have the 24/7 tech support lol. Regardless, the number one rule of business is you dont slam your competitors makes you look desperate...maybe its a sign.

my favorite is this part...

its talking about restoring ur system

If anything serious were to ever happen to your self-built system, such as a harmful virus attack, returning your system to its original settings would become a very difficult and perhaps impossible task.

very difficult... perhaps impossible???? :bah:

lol

shame on you alienware...

common...it comes with a custom user manual...thats all u need...i got a wrong item from newegg...i emailed them and they just sent me a new one and told me i could keep the wrong item...newegg rocks

Hey darken sun, i sent them an email too, but i attacted ur email and replied to it and just owned alienware...again

hmm, i notice a lack of replies. i hope some people have saved evidence of their defamation before they cunningly change it behind everyone's backs...

alienware sux0rz

where can i test my system on the alienware site?

Edited by sdy284