Building A Case

scan100111wr.th.jpg

I was bored in school and decided that I should build a case. I know that the case is drawn a little tall, but I will shrink it down and remoce some of those drivebays. I want the case to be Water Cooled and have a resivour on the very bottom. I plan on using Ducting Mods extensively. I want the case made using Clear Arcrilyic and Metal/Alum. Except for the shaded areas, those I want to be a smoky white arcylic. Any Suggestions? This is only an idea. I don't know if I will actually build it, but I want to.

I like the idea of the entire bottom being a self contrianed resevoir. ( I believe thats what the drawing shows.)

As far as the PSU being on the bottom of a WC case I wouldn't advise it. With WC you take a chance anyway, with leaks. GL man.

The front looks like a knockoff of the CM Stacker Case. I dunno about having the entire bottom for a reservoir, it would make more sense to have a self contained unit within the case itself. Plus, you're making it out of acrylic, so it's possible that moving it or too much weight right above it could crack the acrylic, resulting in a leak. You want the bottom to be sturdy, but don't put unneccessary force on it.

Also, having a PSU on the bottom isn't that bad of an idea, it's just that having it on the bottom right on TOP of a lot of water MIGHT be a bad idea. I mean, nobody's perfect in making cases fool proof, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

BTW, the ducting idea isn't bad. Another change is that you might want to reduce the number of drive bays to no more then 8, maybe add a 3.5" bay or at least create something that will mount a 3.5" drive into the 5.25" bays. Speaking of 3.5" drives, I suggest making a section on the bottom just for hard drives, since it will be easier to mount them in something that's designed for 3.5" drives rather than trying to create 3.5" to 5.25" converters for your hard drives. Plus, this way, you can mount fans in the front of the case to blow over your drives. I suggest a 120mm fan with LEDs, that way you can move a lot of air with relatively little noise, and make it look good at the same time.

So you guys suggest haveing the PSU on the opposite end of my res? (I planned on having the res on the bottom, but the air bubble may make it a bad idea, unless I have a reall small minor res that can just allow the air to go somewhere....) I realized that I have way to many drive bays, but that was just to fill up space. I was planning on making a 5.25 to a 3.5 convertor, but I think your right when you say that it would be easier to make a few 3.5's. Also, I was wondering how large is a large case? Like the CS Stacker or a Lian Li.