Usb Printer + Parallel Print Server

cracker75357

As the title suggests, I have a USB printer, and a print server with a parallel port. I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of a USB to parallel adapter. As in, USB from the printer to parallel which in turn goes to the print server. Thanks for your help.

He he - I kinda wondered about that after I posted.

Edit:

OK. How about getting the USB to Parallel cable shown in the original link and then putting a gender changer on each end?

Edited by Nemo

I dont know if gender changers exist for usb. Also, I'm pretty sure that the converters dont work in reverse. USB's data bits are transferred a diff way than Parallel, hence the need for the converter. Other than that, maybe its worth a shot.

I dont know if gender changers exist for usb. Also, I'm pretty sure that the converters dont work in reverse. USB's data bits are transferred a diff way than Parallel, hence the need for the converter. Other than that, maybe its worth a shot.

410680[/snapback]

I found USB gender changers online which is what gave me the idea. As for whether they work in reverse, can't be of much help there.