Air Flow Idea

00gixxer750

What do you think of this setup... I have a new Super Lanboy case, with a 120mm sucking in the front, 120mm blowing in the rear. Another 120mm, that I am going to mount on the sidepanel, sucking in over the cpu. Blowing on the cpu and XP-120 is another 120mm and finally a 120mm Blowhole fan on top blowing out. All the fans move at leas 103 cfm, except the side fan which moves 79cfm. Oh and 2 more 120mm as part of the PSU. Do you think this is a sufficent start for cooling? What do you think I could get out of my amd 3500+ with this setup, or does anyone else have a better idea for the fan placement/ setup?

Quote :"I am going to mount on the sidepanel, sucking in over the cpu."

If i were you i'd put that fan intake so fresh air goes directly to your other 120mm on your HS.

It would be like a duct but without the duct :P

Yes i have the same case. I replaced all the fans with TT fans that blow 75. I get good temps, at 1.65volts I never go over 50*C. I took apart my case today from my new dfi board that is coming and did some benching with some 120s.

Yours will be the coolest air-cooled system in town!!

I think this is colder!

Now my benching set up. there are 2 80mm fans (75 cfm each) blowing on the gpu heatisnk. Running 2.15 on vgpu I get 40 load.(stock is 1.7v).

post-23-1107385539.jpg

Edited by tjohnson1988

Quote :"I am going to mount on the sidepanel, sucking in over the cpu."

If i were you i'd put that fan intake so fresh air goes directly to your other 120mm on your HS.

It would be like a duct but without the duct  :P

410410[/snapback]

That is what I was trying to say, I guess It just didn't come out like that. I was checking specs and realized I lied; The front and rear case fans aren't 103 cfm, they are more like 39cfm. I will be upgrading them to the most powerful fans I can find (I like the noise). But I dropped about 4 and change on parts last night so its gonna be a little while. I didn't know :huh: modding was so addicting.