Hows Your Internet Connection?

Nedlinin

Just wondering if all of your internet connections are as slow as my comcast one..

Comcast was suppossed to "upgrade" the bandwidth that we would all recieve to 6MB/s...

post-70310-1270110154_thumb.jpg

post-70310-1270110273_thumb.jpg

post-70310-1270110252_thumb.jpg

If my DOWNGRADE stays like this...someone will pay.....

EDIT: woot my internet decided to WORK for a few minutes... even though I seem to cap normally around 2mb/s on Steam ... least this is an improvment

post-70310-1270110287_thumb.jpg

post-70310-1270122418_thumb.jpg

you can still see some funny pings there....Comcast will die tomorrow when I get home....if this isnt fixed that is...

Although come to think of it it did this for me for about an hour when I got home then lagged til now :/ Has been doing so for past almost WEEK and they refuse to believe its their problem :/

Edited by Nedlinin

DSL IS SLOW! you're so right

you guys are so off...................i have had cable internet for years now, through InsightBB in Indiana and Comcast here in Atlanta, GA, some of the comcast areas are running on the increased bandwidth, my area is not yet, and not everyone's bandwidth is going to 6Mb/sec, standard comcast internet subscribers go from a possible max of 3Mb/sec dwnld and 256k/sec upload to 4Mb/sec dwnld and 384k/sec upload, only the higher class subscribers get 6Mb/sec

and mine has never been capped on the dwnlod end of things, i have consistenly seen 3Mb/sec + download speeds, even reaching into 5Mb/sec

it has always been great

dont even compare it to DSL, unless you want to pay through the nose for DSL Extreme, cable is twice as fast as a standard DSL line, and as far as the inconsistency of cable due to bandwidth sharing, never seen it a factor, my speed never drops below 2-3Mb/sec and goes as high as 5Mb/sec...........thats not what i call worse than a consistent 1.5Mb/sec

another thing, using the Steam network to test your internet connection is completely wrong.......you are limited to the bandwidth Valve's server allows you, my speeds on the Steam network are always much slower than my connection is capable of, not because my connection is that slow, but because Steam is only going to give you so much, they can't give everyone 5Mb/sec simultaneously

another thing, using the Steam network to test your internet connection is completely wrong.......you are limited to the bandwidth Valve's server allows you, my speeds on the Steam network are always much slower than my connection is capable of, not because my connection is that slow, but because Steam is only going to give you so much, they can't give everyone 5Mb/sec simultaneously

409990[/snapback]

My point is the speed in those shots... I have ALWAYS (even when HL2 came out) had 2mbps+ on Steam :/

Thats why the past week or so has been really weird with this insane slowdown

Edited by Nedlinin

Comcast has been the best and fastest ISP I have ever had. Remember that they advertise "up to" X mbps. Speed depends on a lot of things. If you usually are running at 2mbps, it is still faster than any DSL we have available in my area (which is the only other good broadband alternative here, used as an example).

its not about the type of connection you have, its about the service plan your provider offers you. neither cable or dsl providers give you the full capicity of the connection so you really cant just say cable > dsl or dsl > cable based on speeds. there are good and bad providers for each, and often times people dont have many options

Edited by invidious