I Need To Cry

Ste

I play star trek armada 2 through Gamespy, is there anyway to host online games through a router I can't live if it can't. Crys......................

WHY GOD WHY!

My Name on GSA is violent_lord_steven, yes I know im an butt, anyways can someone walk me through this I really don't understand anything about routers. I already tried port magic, but it kept saying router has nomore room.

Like Im not completly stupid I know how to access router but under, applications and gaming port magic already added, uhh, PM 1-9 and i still can't host, i just really don't understand need some help, like port magic said no more room on router but i uninstalled that cause it caused hangs and slow boots. HELP>

I enbled DMZ and set IP to 192.168.1.1

Also I assuming port magic made PM whatever # recongnize a name, will I have to go through and set them like gamespy is, Aphex.exe.?

Edited by Ste

k I have a Linksys one. and my ip for the router is 192.168.1.1 and i have port forwarding. (i used to have those old routers that dont have port forwarding, so i upgrade to linksys)

but anyways take a look at those pix. I put a name. Like CS or Half-life. theni put in the ports needed. like (27015 to 27015 for CS) and so on. try fidning something like that. Port forward.

in your case. find what Gamespy required ports. and well go from there

Ya I was online with a linksys tech support and the only thiing I had to do was enable the DMZ and type the IP of this computer now I can host, wow so easy. Thanks anyways.