Going Water

fluffles

Since he has a 3.0GHz P4, he might need the NB cooling to get to 4GHz. If he only wants to get to like 3.7 or 3.8, then air cooling the NB will be fine. But why go for 3.8 when with a little cooling, he can get to 4GHz?

Nah, I hit 4Ghz with stock cooling on the NB. But the ABIT comes with a big fat NB HSF on it. If that 3.0 is gonna hit 4Gs, it's all about the cpu (and RAM)no matter what you do to the NB. It may help STABILITY @ 4Ghz. But, I don't think it would help net any more than a few clocks, if any.

Edited by Pent uP Rage

thanx for all the nb advice but i still want a block on it cos im tryng to keep fans to a minimum+ my abit 1 whines.

so, so far ive been reccommended an asetek waterchill kit.

would i be better off getting a custom setup? and what should i get if thats the case? (dangerden seems to be popular)

:withstupid:

You could piece together a decent custom setup for what the kits cost...or less.

And I TOTALLY understand about wanting to replace the ABIT NB cooler. Mine's kinda loud too. But, if you're just worried about temps, take it off, lap it, and replace w/ AS5.

Edited by Pent uP Rage

yeah i replaced my gigabyte mobo with a better 40mm, took off that crappy cream and added some fine AS5, thats as far as im going towards upgrading the nb cooler

and depending on your kit you might even add heat when adding the additional nb block

maybe if the kit comes with a nb block already then yes..

ask then how much pressure the pump can dish out because it doesnt show the gph, or how high the pump can push water,

but id go with one of those ehiem or the hydor pump good dc pumps if you ask me

I found a performance chart for these pumps. Theyre not great pumps, but you can plump them in series. And they look pretty cool plumbed together.

So, if you go for this pump....get 2.

I'd recommend bigger fittings though.

Edited by Pent uP Rage