Going Water

fluffles

ok, im finally fed up with air and im looking for a water setup for cpu, gpu + nb. unfortunately i dont know where to start. i really need help here but i have a few annoying problems...

1. im in the uk

2. im kinda trying to keep it under

3. -ur really gonna kick me 4 this one.... i have a sck775 intel!

im so not an Intel guy, so why is the 775 crap?

and sorry I dont know of any UK computer sites, otherwise I would help with the water.

im so not an Intel guy, so why is the 775 crap?

and sorry I dont know of any UK computer sites, otherwise I would help with the water.

409520[/snapback]

socket 775(pins), also known as socket T, also known as LGA775, its what all the 520/540/560 and up series prescott cpu's are made on

Why do you want to watercool your northbridge? You can get adequate cooling with air. Adding an extra waterblock to the system puts more pressure on the pump and constricts waterflow. The only real reason I can see watercooling the NB is to cut down on noise. That will also save you some money.

Why do you want to watercool your northbridge? You can get adequate cooling with air. Adding an extra waterblock to the system puts more pressure on the pump and constricts waterflow. The only real reason I can see watercooling the NB is to cut down on noise. That will also save you some money.

409575[/snapback]

For overclocking purposes the temperature of the NB can make a difference. Every little bit counts.

Since he has a 3.0GHz P4, he might need the NB cooling to get to 4GHz. If he only wants to get to like 3.7 or 3.8, then air cooling the NB will be fine. But why go for 3.8 when with a little cooling, he can get to 4GHz?