Darn! Almost Stable At 3.6ghz With P4 3.0c (north

pervertfreak

I've been running my P4 3.0C overclocked to 3.5Ghz for months and it seems very stable but after reading that some people with my same CPU and mobo were reaching as high as 3.7, I decided to attempt 3.6Ghz. I've got an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe mobo with Kingston Hyper-X DDR500 ram which I know can handle it, so I think it would be entirely up to the processor whether it would be stable or not. So I overclocked to 3.6Ghz and ran PCMark04. It passed with no problems and gave me an awesome score. Then I ran AquaMark3 and it passed with no problems and it too gave me an awesome score. But when I tried 3DMark05, it crashed and rebooted. I tried it twice and it crashed both times ) : What do you think I should try? Should I up the voltage a little more? I'm presently at 1.6-1.625V.

FYI - My P4 multiplier is locked at 15 so for 3.6Ghz, I'm at 240FSB X 15 = 3600

THANKS! My first post! WOO HOO!

Up the AGP voltage to max and give teh Nothbridge a little boost, You Vcore looks fine it's probably elsewear liek Vdimm

410099[/snapback]

if its 3dmark... it could possibly be an AGP issue or whatnot like he said.. try that

I had the same problem your having. I have come to find out that if i even give the ram the slightest amount of voltage higher than its recomended it will be unstable immediately. I say that because i was struggling to hit 3.6 stable for a long time. and according to everyone i should have hit it easily. the reason i didnt is because the voltage and timings to the ram were not at its specs. for hyperx im saying. i would recommend that you set the ram voltage to its recommended and its timings. and from my experience, i upped the cpu vcore to 1.7. although many would say that is high i found it most stable at this settings. maybe my info might help. :)