Bottle Necked Performance?

rickimalone

Hi there I have a question about my game performance my specs are in sig.

Bench Marks :

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/Amd_250...nce-t41356.html

3DMARK03 = 11502

3DMARK05 = 5076

PCMARK04 = 3906

My question is that im able to play DOOM3 on HIGH @ 1024/768 8XAA however when I try an play at ULTRA with no AA i get really bad slow down and it becomes an unplayable frame rate.

Also in FARCRY HL2 at the very highest setting with maximum AA I get slowdown and in HL2 long loading time bettween level stages?

Where am I going wrong?

Edited by rickimalone

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no system, not even nuclears can possibly play doom 3 on ultra with all eye candy, any ways radio might be right. and also in doom 3 there isnt much difference between high and ultra settings. and your gt can be bottlenecking, get the ultra ;) as for hl2 and fc, dont put the max, i think there is a limit to much much those 6800s can candle well, the ati cards can go higher and not lag like that. but lack that nce feture fc offeres for the 6xxx series :)

I can play DOOM3 on Ultra settings but it takes a while to settle down I guess when the map gets cached, but what really confuses me is 20 seconds loads during a level in HL2? WTF am I the only one who gets it?

I was thinking of getting a AMD64 3000 939 and a NE0 2 PLAT and a nice SATA drive but would I get any real benefit from it ?

I'm getting confused my benchmarks are ok and the 6800GT 256MB rocks but I crave more.

the sata drives dont give that much if any, if you do go 64, get 2x raptors in raid-0 configurationg and a back up drive (raid-0 will bring down the life span drastically) and ditch that crappy 6800gt that make my fx5500 look better than it and get your self that 6800 ultra. get the amd fx-55 and if the neo plat 2 works with it, get it and use a very nice water cooling system or a phase changer and let er rip. make sure you got high quality ram also hehe. i think these games need to be patched or something, maybe its not designed right for the highest quality settings?

the sata drives dont give that much if any, if you do go 64, get 2x raptors in raid-0 configurationg and a back up drive (raid-0 will bring down the life span drastically) and ditch that crappy 6800gt that make my fx5500 look better than it and get your self that 6800 ultra. get the amd fx-55 and if the neo plat 2 works with it, get it and use a very nice water cooling system or a phase changer and let er rip. make sure you got high quality ram also hehe. i think these games need to be patched or something, maybe its not designed right for the highest quality settings?

408576[/snapback]

wtf are you talking about? when did the 6800 gt become crappy? It would destroy your 5500. and the only difference between a ultra and gt is clock speeds thats it. except for a .1 voltage difference to the core. so I really dont see how you can say the ultra is way better than a 6800gt. :blink:

408576[/snapback]

crack kills, dont do crack

6800gt's are not crappy by a long shot, the only difference between the gt and the ultra is slightly higher clocks, and how dare you compare your 5500, or any fx card to the new 6xxx series, not even in the same solar system.........thats borderline blasphemy!! my 6600gt will make that silly 5500 look like a mx420

advising someone to ditch a 6800gt for a 6800ultra.......not a wise thing, most 6800gt's will flash or oc to an ultra!

rickimalone,

your cpu and ram are your bottleneck, no doubt at all, your 6800gt can do a fair bit more if it had a higher performing platform to run on

lalalla *being ignorant* i dont care lol, if you got money to burn then by all means get the ultra.

408588[/snapback]

swifty, please refrain from posting about things you obviously know nothing about

false advice is worse than bad advice

rickimalone,

i suggest a P4 3Ghz or higher if intel of an A64 3200+ or higher with some good fast pc3200, then you'll be rockin with that 6800gt, but you arent doing so bad right now! :)