Have You Tried K-meleon?

d3bruts1d

Have You Tried K-Meleon?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Tried K-Meleon?

• Yes
    • No

Our very first two weekly polls asked "Have you tried FireFox?" and "Have You Tried Opera?". This week, we'll revisit the browser world and ask, "Have you tried K-Meleon?".

K-Meleon is FireFox's lighter, faster, and more configurable little brother. The latest version, K-Meleon 0.9, was released on Jan 18th and is based on the Mozilla 1.7.5 code base.

Nice and fast, but seems a bit awkward to use. Especially the toolbars! Much frustration trying to move those about without the one beside it flying across to the other side of the screen!! I'll keep my eye on it though, since I like fast loading.

trying it out now.. seems good so far.

My browsers have been spacking out on me recently, I suspect because of my highly restricted proxy connection (they just keep hanging for some reason).

If this doesn't have the same problems I will definitely be sticking with it.

Also, is there a way to import my bookmarks from firefox?.. it didn't do it automatically :(

Trying it out as we speak and while it is fast it isn't a huge jump from firefox except it takes a bit more to configure it. Speaking of configuring how do I get rid of the blasted search bar?