I Can't Overclock D=

cold_snipe

Hi all, I just joined the Overclockers Club, read the FAQ and lots of posts and stuff, but i can't OC my computer because its one of those pre-assembled DAEWOO computers. I cant even get rid of that annoying logo that comes up at post. I did however, overclock my PCI nVidia FX 5200. I tried many programs to increase my FSB and stuff too, but my mobo isnt supported. Can anyone suggest anything to help me? Can i overclock on this mobo?

note:im putting up my specs in my signature right now

Edited by cold_snipe

WTF.. your using a DAEWOO!!!! that was the brand of my old VCR before it got replaced by a sony dvd player.. and then my friends car was a DAEWOO untill his parents got rich and bought him a mitsubichie 2000 gt vr4

EDIT: im getting carried away.. so.. NOPE.. cant do nothin about your problem.. exept buy another motherboard....

hahaha well thats what it says on my computer, so..

its some taiwanese(spelling?) company that has a store here in Vancouver and i bought it there. It was cheap, but it IS crap. w.e, it works for me, and i can even run HL2! :O

ok, w.e, ill get a new computer in the summer. Im also getting a 6600GT AGP, but if i buy a new computer i might get a pci one. hmm... I think ill stick with agp, i have no idea why it just sounds cooler :D

Edited by cold_snipe

from what i have heard the km4m boards are more trouble than they are worth but you may try flashing the bios with a regular version of them from msi but then again that may not work either

also you can try using clockgen to oc it a lil bit dont know if it will work though

I didnt find a version of clockgen that supports my mobo.

BTW, how do you get the folding DNA icon under ur name? I am running it right now, one with a GUI but i set up the team and user name, but its not showing up under my name.

I didnt find a version of clockgen that supports my mobo.

BTW, how do you get the folding DNA icon under ur name? I am running it right now, one with a GUI but i set up the team and user name, but its not showing up under my name.

408204[/snapback]

Ya gotta turn in a WU. And with your system, that could take 24 hours to 72hours to complete.

Im too scared to actually touch the cpu, as i will probably mess it up. I've messed up every single computer I've owned so far at least once, but i got lucky and always solved it with clearing cmos, or reformat. I dont want to mess up my cpu =D

OMFG.. lol.. just open the stupid computer up.. you will never get any good at compuer if you cant work inside them.. just touch the mettle before you touch the motherboard.. then there are no wories.. the only way you could break it is if you droped the CPU or smashed it lol

I never said i CANT, i just said i dont want to. =D I dont really get the thing anyways. Anyways, my whole family uses this computer and they would get mad even from only seeing me opening up the computer. Yes i know im just scared, and i dont know from what, but i wont do that one for a while. I will, however, try flashing the bios with MSI's one, same version, but someone said it might unlock the options. (hmm as i remember i tried that on my older pc and it didnt work) But i will still try it. Bleh. :foldon: