Opinions On Best Sound Card?

HoLoDreaM

ive been checking this card out http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc....-120-103&DEPA=0 as its got great reviews... what do yall think is the best sound card tho?

EDIT:

i just bought an audigy 2 ZS... im thinking about buying the logitech x-350.. anyone have any experience with these?

EDIT 2:

i just bought the logitech x-530's... i cant wait til they both get in!

will i still need a good set of headphoneS? i usually play my games with headphones on for a surround effect.. will i still need these?

Edited by HoLoDreaM

the best sound card is my generic one from dell. .lol.. i never could tell the diffrence on my big stereo .. and i use the cheepist sound card.. and everything i do sounds great.. doom 3 .. HL.. anything lol.. only 3 ports on it..

I finally decided to upgrade my old Sound Blaster Live! 5.1. I just ordered a Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS. I'm really into good sound, which is why I have a pair of Z-2200s (200W 2.1 setup, it's the Z-680s with 3 less speakers). I originally bought the Z-680s, but I had no room for all the extra sats, so I returned it and bought the Z-2200s. After some breaking in, they sound great. However, my sound card was definitely holding them back, since you could hear hissing and scratching every once in a while (this was on high 320kbps quality mp3s).

I also ordered two pairs of headphones. Sennheisers for my comp and Shure e2cs for my iPod. I can't wait for this stuff to get in. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I put an audigy 2 zs in here purely for the fact it was 7.1 I removed the card in less than 3 hours, it was an awful soundcard, went back to my soundstorm. NEVER again will I buy creative.... they just seem to get worse and worse, if you want a nice card hercules make them :lol: