Getting A New Cellphone --> Sony Or Samsung

FunkyMonkey

I have this tiny little Bluetooth adapter from Dlink that I got for like 20 bucks. It works up to a good 30 feet away, which fine since I'm gonna use the phone right next to my comp anyway.

574dd0ab-81ca-11d7-a10d-00805fbbb715.gif

remember.. samsung is just better ;-)

408086[/snapback]

Better based on what? Does it have better battery life? Does it have better reception? Does the phone LOOK better? Does the phone FEEL better when using it? Are any of these comparisons conducted under similar circumstances for both phones (same reviewer, same service, etc.) Are these "observations" BIASED in any way?

Dude, before you go ahead and make such absurd comments as above, make sure you have some sort of evidence to back up your claim. I made my case about the Sony Ericsson phone, as have others. I have also seen people make a case for the Samsung phone. However, nobody has actually tried both phones and compared them apples to apples.

Keep in mind that nobody who encourages this guy to get the SE phone blatantly said that SE is "better" than Samsung. It's all a matter of personal preference. There are some people who can't stand flip phones (like me) but there are also other who swear they will never get anything but flip phones (as many women do). This guy asked us a question. It's our job to answer it using facts and data, not throwin in our personal opinions without backing them up.

Edited by kashk5

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this tiny little Bluetooth adapter from Dlink that I got for like 20 bucks. It works up to a good 30 feet away, which fine since I'm gonna use the phone right next to my comp anyway.

574dd0ab-81ca-11d7-a10d-00805fbbb715.gif

Better based on what? Does it have better battery life? Does it have better reception? Does the phone LOOK better? Does the phone FEEL better when using it? Are any of these comparisons conducted under similar circumstances for both phones (same reviewer, same service, etc.) Are these "observations" BIASED in any way?

Dude, before you go ahead and make such absurd comments as above, make sure you have some sort of evidence to back up your claim. I made my case about the Sony Ericsson phone, as have others. I have also seen people make a case for the Samsung phone. However, nobody has actually tried both phones and compared them apples to apples.

Keep in mind that nobody who encourages this guy to get the SE phone blatantly said that SE is "better" than Samsung. It's all a matter of personal preference. There are some people who can't stand flip phones (like me) but there are also other who swear they will never get anything but flip phones (as many women do). This guy asked us a question. It's our job to answer it using facts and data, not throwin in our personal opinions without backing them up.

408303[/snapback]

well hey, if his friend dave doesn't like the phone...then it must be the worst phone in the world, and nobody should ever buy one...EVER!

did u look at the v551 like i recomended??

my uncle owns a retail store chain (Digital Connect) for cingular and tmobile soi've messed with EVERY phone for thoes cariers and the v551 is only a hair more expensive but it is soo much better!!!! also the t637's camera is NOT vga it looks like crap

Dude, camera's on phones aren't SUPPOSED to look AMAZING. If he really wanted a camera on his phone, he'd buy a K700i or that Nokia phone with 1 megapixel. If he REALLY wanted a good camera, he'd wait for those new phones with 3+ MPs on them. Most of the people who buy camera phones rarely use them for anything serious. Everybody has a normal camera which they use for important occasions. I don't think anybody out there would take important pics like a birthday or wedding with a camera phone. They'd use an actual camera, whether it be a film or digital camera.

So don't judge the phone simply on its camera. There are a whole bunch of features the SE phone has that the Samsung doesn't (Bluetooth, IR, looks).

Dude, camera's on phones aren't SUPPOSED to look AMAZING. If he really wanted a camera on his phone, he'd buy a K700i or that Nokia phone with 1 megapixel. If he REALLY wanted a good camera, he'd wait for those new phones with 3+ MPs on them. Most of the people who buy camera phones rarely use them for anything serious. Everybody has a normal camera which they use for important occasions. I don't think anybody out there would take important pics like a birthday or wedding with a camera phone. They'd use an actual camera, whether it be a film or digital camera.

So don't judge the phone simply on its camera. There are a whole bunch of features the SE phone has that the Samsung doesn't (Bluetooth, IR, looks).

408325[/snapback]

^^ very well said

im not even talking about the samsung!!!

t637 cant do

mp3, video, and only has 2mb of storage

the samsung cant do any thing impresive except being samsung qualtiy (its a basic phone)

the v551 can do everything and more than both of thoes

go to

http://www.howardforums.com/ and see what they have to say

they will say the same thing as me

did u look at the v551 like i recomended??

my uncle owns a retail store chain (Digital Connect) for cingular and tmobile soi've messed with EVERY phone for thoes cariers and the v551 is only a hair more expensive but it is soo much better!!!! also the t637's camera is NOT vga it looks like crap

408312[/snapback]

i did look at the v551 but i dont like the styling

but thanks anyways for the suggestion it does have lots of features

408325[/snapback]

well the camera on the sony does suck, even i have to say that

i like that u mentioned the k700i

i really like that phone but none of my providers support that phone