Getting A New Cellphone --> Sony Or Samsung

FunkyMonkey

Remember, it all depends on the service you're getting. I had a friend with the T610 (same as the T616) and he hated it, but that was cuz Tmobile sucked in our area. However, if you have Cingular/AT&T, then it's a great phone. If there are problems with call quality, remember, it's not always the phone's fault, most of the time it's the carrier's fault.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well if any of you guys live in canada and has ROGER wireless would you reply about the reception

i used fido for a couple of years and it was really good

bell is also good

my dad uses telus and it's not as good as fido or bell

well anyways i will probably be getting the sony

on the sony site they had a virtual phone and i played with that and loved it

i have the Sony Ericsson T637, and i love it. The reception is great (i have Cingular) and you can do lots of cool stuff with its IR port and built in bluetooth. the battery life is awesome as is the display on the phone. my only gripe is that the camera isn't that good. But i didn't buy a phone to use as a camera...so i could really care less. get the Sony ;)

and i have no problems with glare from the screen. It also has a music DJ built in, that lets you compose your own ringtones

Edited by sdy284

sweet since there are a couple of ppl on this board that has the sony i would like to ask what the uses of the IR port and bluetooh are

i'm not very knowledged about bluetooth but know the basics

i know that you can use bluetooth with lots of accessories like handfree stuff

what else can you use it for? same with the IR port

Edited by FunkyMonkey

well in my case, I have no bluetooth stuff on my computer, but i have an IR port on my laptop, so i can transer pictures and address book stuff to my laptop via IR port. You can also transfer files, ringtones sounds, contacts...etc via bluetooth & IR from phone to phone

Speaking of ringtones, your SE phone can use MIDI files as polyphic ringtones. So no more buying ringtones for $1.00 a pop. Just download any MIDI file (I have tons) and use either IR or BT to upload them to your phone. There are a lot of good songs that have been converted to MIDI files. Most of the stuff you hear on the radio has been converted to MIDI as well. So if there's a song you like with a nice beat to it, you should be set with a ringtone.

Oh yea, if you have a friend with the same phone, you can play multiplayer games using BT. The mini-golf game that comes on the T616 is very fun to play, especially multiplayer, in the middle of class with 3 other people.

Edited by kashk5

Remember, it all depends on the service you're getting. I had a friend with the T610 (same as the T616) and he hated it, but that was cuz Tmobile sucked in our area. However, if you have Cingular/AT&T, then it's a great phone. If there are problems with call quality, remember, it's not always the phone's fault, most of the time it's the carrier's fault.

408003[/snapback]

same service.. just sony makes a crappy phone.. me, i dont use cell phones, because i beleave that they cause to many problems... ++ they are to crap $$$

Speaking of ringtones, your SE phone can use MIDI files as polyphic ringtones. So no more buying ringtones for $1.00 a pop. Just download any MIDI file (I have tons) and use either IR or BT to upload them to your phone. There are a lot of good songs that have been converted to MIDI files. Most of the stuff you hear on the radio has been converted to MIDI as well. So if there's a song you like with a nice beat to it, you should be set with a ringtone.

Oh yea, if you have a friend with the same phone, you can play multiplayer games using BT. The mini-golf game that comes on the T616 is very fun to play, especially multiplayer, in the middle of class with 3 other people.

408051[/snapback]

I've tried doing that...and couldnt get the midi files onto my phone..how do ya do that?