Getting A New Cellphone --> Sony Or Samsung

FunkyMonkey

my old audiovox still works like a charm but i need a new one

both has their pros and cons

Sony-Ericsson T637

Samsung SCH-A670

i like that the samsung is a flip phone but i like the design of the sony better - it's more unique.

BTW: can only mods make polls?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the previous model of the T637, the T616. I've had this phone for more than a year and a half, and it's been a wonderful phone. It has taken types of abuse that my previous phones would have been destroyed under. This phone has always given me great battery life (5 or 6 days on standby and several hours of talk time). I have AT&T, which just got bought out by Cingular, and I have got to say, the service is AMAZING. I get a good 4 or 5 bars everywhere I go. I have friends who have VERIZON, and there are places they don't get service as good as I do. I remember being in a club that was in the basement of some building, and NOBODY was getting service, they all had to go outside to make calls. I had a consistent 3 bars (keep in mind, it was a basement) Practically everybody kept asking to use my phone.

I know it's time for me to upgrade, but it's so hard to find a phone that will perform on par with the T616. I'm sure the T637 will have improved on the T616 in several aspects, especially asthetics. If you're a guy who likes small, candy bar style phones, then the T637 is the phone for you. If you're into flip phones, then go for the Samsung.

might i recomend the motorola v551! its in a much higher class than thoes two phones plus it has a decent camera, video, EDGE gprs, i havent charged mine in 4 days and i still have full power (i've used about 30 minutes talk 1 hour games and bluetooth on all the time) it's rf isn't quite as good as the t637 (the t637 has some of the best recition) but its still really really good. its also a flip phone and its an unlocked work phone so you can take it to any couontry with any carrier (it supports the folowing gsm frequencies 850 900 1800 1900) it also has java games and a huge 176x220 16k color hi res screen. its VERY VERY sharp and the colors are very accurate. it has a small reverse monocromatic (white on black with blue back light) screen on the out side that states signal strength, power, and messages, missed calls, whos calling, and other info. its not color but i find i like it more because it look very very good!!!!

heres a link

http://www.mobiledia.com/reviews/motorola/v551/page1.html

i HIGLY recomend it!!!

ummm there seems to be an equal amount of suggestions for both phones

i was skepitcal about the reception of the sony because my friend got the fat blue one that first came out in North America and the reception was horrible, even outside.

but after reading kashk5's post my faith is restored

ok the BIG QUESTION

would i look cooler with the sony or the samung???

lol

i love the big butt screen of the sony plus u take photos sideways which is unique and i like it

ummmmm.......................i probably will go with the sony unless some comes with serious info against it

my friend dave has that sony one.. and it sucks, you get a bad reflection off the screen, and its more bulkey, and its staticy at times.. but he actuall went with a diff mod of the samsung and he likes it a whole lot better..