Hp Photosmart 7150

lost

so i'm a little lost on what to do here. for that printer, i went to the HP site and downloaded the installer, ran threw it, and when the msg came up to plug in the usb wire i did, but it wont detect. i plug it in and i dont think its sending a signal or windowxp isn't picking it up. i tried other usb ports, still the same problem :( i uninstalled the drivers and the installed and restarted my computer. same problem. i dont think my printer is dead because it worked a few days ago (before i reformated my hard drive)

I know its a stupid question but is it powered on?  Did that once and felt foolish about it.

407579[/snapback]

yuuup its on. i followed instructions :-P

installed the software, plug in the usb, plug in the ac, turn on the printer, and nothing! wont get detected :(

funny thing is that it was working fine a few days ago after i reformated :(

Are your sure you're readin the instructions right? Cuz for my last 3 HP printers, and for a bunch of my friends, the instructions always said:

1. Install software

2. Turn on printer

3. Install ink cartridges

4. Plug printer into computer

5. Finish install

Make sure you remove any printers from the Hardware Manager. Restart your computer, start the install, and turn the printer on BEFORE plugging it in.