Help My Fellow Dudes!

Shaggy

Alright guys

Here's the deal. My friend and I are basically retarded and have been living under a rock since most of the new technology has come out, 64-bit, pci-express, etc.

He wants to get a new mobo and cpu, but we have no idea where to begin. Please off your suggestions. He's a gamer, he has roughly $250 to spend. He isn't opposed to one specific brand so Amd or Intel doesn't matter to him, although I told him Amd is better ;)

Post away, plz!

I would suggest a A64 3000+ Winchester core and an NForce3 Ultra motherboard. The MSI Neo2 Platinum is a popular board. Me, I went for the Epox 9NDA3J, which I just got a few days ago and it's fantastic so far.

407449[/snapback]

Not for that price :P

I would say for building a system with good new technology go PCI-Express because most things are pointing to that its going to stick around. New Egg has an MSI Nfroce 4 Ultra (Nvidias latest AMD64 939 PCI-E chipset) for $170 which is a little high but I think worth it. And like are R_Target said a socket 939 AMD64 3000+ for $150 or and AMD64 3200+ for $200 are totally worth it and paired with that board and either an Nvidia 6600GT for $200 or an ATI X800XL for $300 (when we do see the ATI cards) is a real nice system for really cheap.

Edited by BloodySunday

Yuh-huh. :P  The 3000+ is about $150; I know the MSI is around $130, but the Epox is $99. It reminds me of my IC7, simple and straight to the point-overclocking.

407487[/snapback]

:lol: sorry i always forget that i live in that stu.. place right above you guys and where the price of everything at least doubles