91 % Isopropyl?

I need to clean off the bottom of my waterblock on my CPU, to throw some new thermal tape on there (i had been using electric tape before) to hold the heat sensor on., Will 91% isopropyl work for this? Can't get denatured 99 pct here, anywhere, cause noone carries it:(

Just get methyl hydrate, it's as pure as 99% and sold in hardware stores in the paint dept. ;)

If you don't know what methyl hydrate is which you porbably do but for that sake of people who don't I believe it is Paint Thinner.

If you don't know what methyl hydrate is which you porbably do but for that sake of people who don't I believe it is Paint Thinner.

407513[/snapback]

It is but i dont use the term paint thinner cause when people think of paint thinner they think of that oil based stuff people use to clean their brushes with.It's not at all in the same field and will not hurt in anyway any PC component, i've used it for years to wash off everything from parts to be painted to my own CPU.

This stuff will burn so pure that it dosn't leave a residue on glass when used as heat source for chemical experiments in labs

And left on a surface will dissipate equally or faster than 99% alcohol :)

Edited by kobalt

snowwolf, you mentioned replacing the "thermal tape"

may I suggest that the "tape" go in the garbage and you replace it with a quality thermal interface material....(paste) like Arctic Silver 5 or something similar

407754[/snapback]

It was to hold his thermal probe, and electrical tape isn't a good idea lol :P