Everquest 2 Question

kup22r

i'm currently playing world of warcraft, but i'm getting sick and tired of the server issues (crashing/lagging constantly, login server issues, etc). how are the server issues in everquest 2? if i find that eq2 doesn't have nearly as many server issues i might switch games.....

I haven't played Everquest 2, or experienced their servers, but you would most likely find the problems World of Warcraft is having in any MMORPG at some point or another, so I highly suggest you to just bite the bullet and try and tough this thing out until the situation improves, which it will :).

yea im pretty sure EQ2 is having the same issues. The game has only been out a couple months give it some time and they will get it fixed. I heard that everquest 2 had the servers down for 48 hours one weekend. But i play on Warsong server in WoW...probably one of the laggiest servers out there

I heard that they added another 16 severs in Dec to help with the amount of people playing I know alot of people that play it, and from what I have heard it has gotten alot better then when it first came out. One of my buddy's says that sometimes he can go a few days with no problems whatsoever hope that helps a little. :)

heh out of 2 of my friends i got WoW and they got eq2. I have had very minimal problems just some times the survers are down or i cant log in but usually thats not the issue. i also have 0 lag on my surver and i have dsl light (well not 0 but very minor everyonce inawile il get lag spikes). My two friends on the other hand thats anothe story. First friend has minor lag problems sometimes it will lag sometimes it will not and sometimes he wont be able to play period. He has also had logging on problems very requently. Second friend. Hudge problems with Eq2. it lags extreamly bad on his computer and he has cable. He also has minor problems like me but his lag is off the charts. A couple days ago i had friend #2 come over and i was playing WoW. He was so amazed at how much better WoW was then eq2. He also got pissed at friend #1 for having him buy eq2....

I would try a differnt surver. one that is less crouwded. Give blizzard a mounth or less and they should have the surver problems up.

heh out of 2 of my friends i got WoW and they got eq2. I have had very minimal problems just some times the survers are down or i cant log in but usually thats not the issue. i also have 0 lag on my surver and i have dsl light (well not 0 but very minor everyonce inawile il get lag spikes). My two friends on the other hand thats anothe story. First friend has minor lag problems sometimes it will lag sometimes it will not and sometimes he wont be able to play period. He has also had logging on problems very requently. Second friend. Hudge problems with Eq2. it lags extreamly bad on his computer and he has cable. He also has minor problems like me but his lag is off the charts. A couple days ago i had friend #2 come over and i was playing WoW. He was so amazed at how much better WoW was then eq2. He also got pissed at friend #1 for having him buy eq2....

I would try a differnt surver. one that is less crouwded. Give blizzard a mounth or less and they should have the surver problems up.

407845[/snapback]

Its probably not the servers fault, EQ2 requires a WAY better computer than WoW... wow has terrible environment graphics, I've played both enough to know that EQ2 takes a lot more juice to run. My computer (in signature) can't run EQ2 on all high settings without lagging.