Shouldn't My Computer Meltdown?

t35stryker

For Christmas I recieved a ThermalTake BigWater Water Cooling set up. This is the newer one and not the older generation of coolers. I used to have just a good old air cooled CPU. I wanted to install my water cooling kit and it was a success it works great. Well my BIOS says it is running @ 90C-95C which is totally absurd . Dont CPUs melt at that or at least not function correctly. Well Im on that computer now and It seems to be running fine. Is this just a software problem or am I really running that hot. Also how would someone go about cleaning the cpu die...It has a bit of thermal grease caked on and I think that would help the situation better.

EDIT: 1-29-05 2:00PM Central Time

My Specs:

Water cooled AMD Athlon XP 2600+

Syntax Motherboard K7S746FX

512 MB of Coarsair valueRAM

Antec Performance II Series Case

Audigy 2 24bit ZS Sound Card

120 Maxxtor HD 8mb Buffer

GeForce 4 440MX SE GPU

Buslink CD-RW/R

This screen shot shows you it IS celcius and not (F) I think my BIOS is outa wack .. opinions?

Edited by t35stryker

Please don't type in caps, its considered shouting and against forum rules.

Depending on how much thermal grease you have on there, that could cause some heating issues all though I really doubt it would be 95 celcius. You've most likely got it switched over to farenheit which if you convert, 95f is actually about 35celcius, which is average temps with your water cooling kit. And yes if your processor was running at 95c, I don't think you'd be reading this right now. :)

Please don't type in caps, its considered shouting and against forum rules.

Depending on how much thermal grease you have on there, that could cause some heating issues all though I really doubt it would be 95 celcius. You've most likely got it switched over to farenheit which if you convert, 95f is actually about 35celcius, which is average temps with your water cooling kit. And yes if your processor was running at 95c, I don't think you'd be reading this right now. :)

407215[/snapback]

yes i also agree please dont type in cap

that loud typing hurts my eyers and offends me very much

(i must cry now...please excuse me)

lol

You can always take off the side of the case, and physically feel your water block.  If it is hot to the touch then you got problems.

407245[/snapback]

The only prob with that is if the thermal greese isnt transfering the heat the bolock wont get warm, then he has just as big of a problem as if the water isnt moving. That whole thing about caked on greese, im guessing old dried out stuff on it is his problem. Just take it off clean it with some of teh above mentioned things, apply some new AS5 by the http://www.arcticsilver.com directions, remount the HSF and it should be better. I have seen my WC setup run 88C when i starteed it up bc the block clips were not pressing on the CPU enough to keep from having an air pocket.