Soundstorm And X-530's

g_bones

I am using an Abit NF7-s R2.0 with the integrated Nvidia Soundstorm. Well, today I got in the Logitech X-530's, hook them up, and was getting no center channel and very little sub. Played with the connections, and nothing. Make sure that the sound is set to 5.1, and nothing. I finally went in to the soundstorm controls and did the test. All speakers sounded off fine. But still no center and little sub on music and games. Then I see options to "create center channel" and "create LFE channel". Should I have to create the channel, or is it just compensating for a dead channel? For what it's worth, it does work when I create the channels, but it still seems weird.

Everything seems to work as long as I have the create center and LFE channel options checked, but that is supposed to only be neccesary for 2-channel sources. Without these 2 checked, I get no sound throught the center or sub even on known 5.1 sources (games, movies). Is the built in Soundstorm not 5.1 compatible or what? I was under the impression that it was.

well if ur using the onboard nforce.. it doesnt have all the 5.1 outputs does it? i bought the x-530s and an audigy 2 ZS.. itll have an output jack for every speaker... umm my nforce onboard audio with the soundstorm only have mic, line out, and line in.. thats it... ive never tested it on 5.1 tho so i dont know.. but i will have my speakers before my sound card comes in... ill test them out and see my results and ill tell u how it goes... its nForce 2 with the soundstorm...

My Soundstorm has front L/R, rear L/R, and center/sub. 3 channels. Only 2 really seem to do anything. The center/sub channels have to be created, and that's not really 5.1. Anyhow, I am picking up a SoundBlaster Live card this morning to see if there is any difference. I'll let you know.

You should be able to do that. But I tell you, I picked up a cheap SoundBlaster Live today and it sounds ALOT better. I was starting to think that these speakers sucked, but they sound excellent when they get a good signal. They should sound even better with that Audigy 2 zs. Enjoy.