Modding A Ccfl

So, I have this spare set of red CCFL's sitting around, and ive already got lights IN my case. So, I had an idea, I want to modify them so I can put them behind my monitor, and give it a neat red glow. I was wondering if it was possible to modify the CCFL's to be USB powered.

I have a USB cable from a spare USB mouse :

PDRM1200.jpg

There are 5 small wires connecting to it red,white,green,black,thick black (ground?)

Here are the CCFL's:

PDRM1206.jpg

PDRM1207.jpg

How would one go about doing this?

Thanks

the USB voltage is 5v whereas pretty much all inverters take a 12v input voltage... whether or not it would work at 5v is uncertain but not very likely... also the current draw may be a problem with USB... also not sure on that, the lack of voltage is the main problem...

the only way you could really do it would be to have a 12v line coming out of your computer... or if you have a tft monitor you could be really cool and jack it into the input power, but you'd probably have to make your own 12v regulator circuit...

this thread gave me an idea. I had a ccfl on the top of my monitor (sound reactive) and now it looks much cooler behing the monitor. I once did the oposite of what you are trying to do. I bought a usb ccfl and didnt realize that it was usb until i got home. I just passed the cable through the back of the case. Maybe you can just use molex extensions and run the cable through the back of the case.