Did My Bios Chip Go Bad?

I atempted today to network two computers today my nice gaming computer and my not so great computer. The networking turned out all fine but then the not so great computer crashed. Now when i start it i dont get any beeps, the screen on the monitor remains black and there is the omnious yellow led on the computer meaning that it is not getting any info. What the heck happened to the computer, i checked the hard drive just for kicks and it is fine and runs fine. I think that the bios chip is the problem since the top paper turned brown from a white and was fairly hot. What the heck should i do? thanks for all the help.

The BIOS chips ar actually replacable, but before you worry abotu that try resetting the cmos, you probably have to find a jumper near the CMOS battery, take the battery out, then switch the jumers wait a while ( the longer the better, 10-30 seconds) then switch the jumper back and replace the battery. If that doesn't work I'd email the mobo company and see what they charge to send you a new BIOS for that baord, replacing them isn't that hard, jsut stressfull