New Corsair Water Cooling

HoLoDreaM

I bet it's not lame. I have that waterblock with 1/2" barbs and taht reservoir. It should do pretty well. I don't know how powerful that pump is though, I've heard it's uber-awesomen3ss, but I'm thinking it was a little exaggerated.

Well, considering they've pretty much hit the ceiling for air cooling, it only makes sense to delve into a market where there is still room left to grow. I mean, it would be stupid to compete against companies like Thermalright and Swiftech in the air cooling business. These companies have been around for a while and they're products are already proven through several years of R&D. If any company should decide to jump on the CPU cooling bandwagon, it would only make sense to enter the water or phase change market, simply because there is room for this market to grow. A majority of the users out there (and I'm talkin bout overclockers) still haven't gotten into the whole watercooling thing. This is mostly because it's something new and relatively complicated compared to air cooling. So to create a simple package like this will help reel in these users who were initially afraid to do so before. Plus, it's Corsair, and all serious computer users know it's a good company. So these people will buy this WC setup simply because it's from Corsair and looks simple enough to setup. It's all about marketing and growth.

True enough...but its also about marketing and really nifty looking packaging that sucks in the unsupecting consumer...lol.. :P

There are many ways to water cool...i myself am a noob at it. so I went with the exos...for ease of set up. It was very easy to set up...just as advertised, and reviewed...but if i had to do it again,,,i would build with seperate components, just as it was suggested to me before i spent money on the exos.

most pre-builts are good...but better cooling and more options are available if you buy seperate components..and DIY ;);)

Well, considering they've pretty much hit the ceiling for air cooling, it only makes sense to delve into a market where there is still room left to grow. I mean, it would be stupid to compete against companies like Thermalright and Swiftech in the air cooling business. These companies have been around for a while and they're products are already proven through several years of R&D. If any company should decide to jump on the CPU cooling bandwagon, it would only make sense to enter the water or phase change market, simply because there is room for this market to grow. A majority of the users out there (and I'm talkin bout overclockers) still haven't gotten into the whole watercooling thing. This is mostly because it's something new and relatively complicated compared to air cooling. So to create a simple package like this will help reel in these users who were initially afraid to do so before. Plus, it's Corsair, and all serious computer users know it's a good company. So these people will buy this WC setup simply because it's from Corsair and looks simple enough to setup. It's all about marketing and growth.

407047[/snapback]

well put