Building A Budget Pc

Im thinking a PC for my siblings so can stop using mine, they'll be using to surf the web so they can do homework i doubt theyll use it for games since they dont have any except some old NICK games. This is wat im planning on putting together. it'll cost me about $550 with a $150 monitor

Sempron 2400

EPoX "EP-8RGM3I" nForce2 IGP Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Dual VGA

RAIDMAX Elite Black Mid-Tower /w 380w psu

Rosewill 184-Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200

SAMSUNG 40GB 7200RPM Light and Slim

SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5inch Floppy Disk Drive

Rosewill 52x32x52x16 CD-RW Black Combo Drive

ViewSonic Keyboard n Optical Mouse

Cyber Acoustics CA-3090 Flat Panel 2.1 Speakers

This All totals to $460 im assuming $500 with S/H

this should be able to run MS Office 2003 n some music proframs :unsure: . if u have had any bad experiences with any of these please let me know. :typing:

I have all the neccesary Programs,OS, anti-virus, n office, wats a [email protected]??? i doubt theyll need a video card theyre games are old they worked fine in my very old 8mb systems 3years ago. n if they do need one wat do u reccomend an Nvidia 5200 or ATI 9250?? something around $65. i know they wont use it much cuz one of them is goin to college this summer n shes getting a laptop. but'll i hope this one will last at least 2years.

[email protected]

one of those vid cards should be fine. geez, my old geforce 2 mx 400 would run halo with around 30 frames per second with all the details turned down...lol

maybe a geforce TI4200...they arent that bad

another option is to buy a pre-built

i agree. if you can find a small computer shop around where you live that might be a better deal. just have to look around.