-7c?

KraZy

Just found an interesting article about a cooling system for dropping core temp down to around -7c or lower.Click here for the benchmarks on this one.

If you look over this review, you will see some fairly interesting things that I have never considered before when it came to typical cooling applications. I especially love the part about soaking the cpu pins and socket with thermal grease. You can see why it is done for this type of cooler, but might this have benefits when it comes to normal overclocking? Even with typical water-chilled systems, I would imagine that, given the right atmosphere, there might be problems with condensation. Ahhh... the chances we take, eh?

Yea its called vapor-phase cooling. There are 2 commercially vapor-phase cooling products out there for your cpu. Prometeia and the VapoCHill. Prometeia gives avg. of -40c idle temps. and is mounted underneath your case. The Vapochill gives u -20c idle temps. and mounted on top of case. Its all up to u if u want extreme cooling Prometeia is the choice. If u want more extreme cooling there is liquid nitrogen cooling and finally cyronogenic cooling or something like that.

Very coooolll, I've recently had a mother board that had a temp sensor under the processor and it reported my amd 1600+ with ocz gladiator w/ standard 32 cfm delta fan at about 118, but the processor reported about 95. Wow I'm thinking alot of heat is building up under the processor.

Now my ga-7vrxp board has all kinds of components setting under the processer making it difficult to get at. I probally could fit a itsy bitsy fan under the motherboard and maybe put a small heatsink under the processor and motherboard. Any thoughts on this. Or any ideas on how to remove heat from the underside of the chip.

You mean, besides cutting another hole in the MB mounting plate and case? Ha!

My first thought is getting two H2O cpu coolers, sandwitching the main board and cutting holes in the mainboard mounting plate and your case. Of course, you will have to find some kinda heat-conductive standoff for the back of the board... The asthetics of that would not be pretty.

Well, some times you have to sacrafise looks for coolness ;) LOL...personaly thier is a limit to how cold i think i need my computer...if i need a jacket on to use my computer..then its to cold...

Thier are lots of ways of cooling your comptuer down alot...i have been trying to think of a way to put a tube from outside and run it into my intake fans for my case....but see i think mosture from outside woudl collect in my case..i have seen many "joke" pics around the net of this..but woudl one day like to make it work :)