Those 600 Pointers

airman

Well...apparently i turned one in this morning, but that was on another machine. On my main rig, i've been crunchin on this 600 pointer since monday morning. It was gonna take a total of 60 hours (fine by me) at 40minutes a step. I check on emIII this morning, and it's gone up to TWO HOURS A STEP!!? Why did it just jump like this? ESPECIALLY when it's overnight....i had nothing running, etc.

Should I was another 72 hours for this to finish? :bah: or should i dump the current work and start over (on the 62nd frame)

i assume your main rig is the [email protected]

on mine those take 42 minutes per frame or right at 70 hours per WU

you cant trust those times until it has been working on the same WU for several hours at least for things to stabilize

as far as it taking that long.......you'd have to ask someone with one of those how long their's takes, but my P3 Mobile 1Gig does them in 1:18 per frame or a little over 130 hours per WU, so don't feel rained on

I've seen WU's start dragging on frames before. Usually restarting it or rebooting will take care of it.

405511[/snapback]

okay, i'll try dat :)

edit: well that seemed to help alot. it's down to 1:10 a frame, but i know after a little while it'll come down a tad ;)

Edited by airman