Hynix 2.2

markiemrboo

My card has 2.2ns RAM on it, I think. I saw AF22 or something at the end of the chip model number type thing. I didn't write down the actual number, should have done really, but I found some Hynix spec sheet with AF22 and it's supposed to be capable of 900MHz, which is nice!!

However, the nvidia driver overclocking tab is telling me there's an error at around 835MHz. Now, since it's apparently capable of 900MHz.. why do you think it's erroring on me? How reliable is that test? Is it perhaps just a temperature issue maybe? The RAM is cooled by the same thing cooling the core, it's just a giant copper slab basically :) The temp reads at around 62C while playing a games right now... bit pooey for such a large chunk of copper, but the fan on it is quiet so I guess that's why it aint doing really brilliantly.

Any suggestions on how I could get 900MHz out this thing? I'm 99.9999% certain it's 2.2ns, definately Hynix :)

Ah. Is there any way to like mod the BIOS to give it more volts or something? I think the spec sheet said it needs 2.7v.

Well I left the core at stock 325 and just raised the mem to ~835 and it did the error, pretty sure it's the RAM :)

RAM sinks..... the stock copper cooler covers the RAM aswell as the core, like I said :P

EDIT: Clean off the paste and look at the numbers/letters written on the chips :)

or, alternatively, don't volt-mod your brand new card, oc it as far as it can go, stop crying about it, oc your cpu (wth are you playin at there markie) and then let her rip!

:D

oh yeah... possibly lap the cooler, the ram (yes, lap the ram), and apply as5... lapping the ram, ramsinks and using arctic alumina thermal epoxy netted me a massive mem oc... the ramsinks get REALLY warm too :)

warm like a radiator warm...

:lol: I was trying to find them max FSB mr nrg :P Like I said in another post it seems like I hit my wall at around 230.

Now now :) If you knew you had RAM on your graphics card capable of 900MHz and it's only hitting 830, I bet YOU would be complaining and wanting to get that extra missing speed :P

I'm not modding my card. I'm hesitant running it overclocked with the auto detected frequencies! It'd still be nice to have the missing 70MHz the RAM is capable of!!

Exactly, see :P

Yet the nvidia overclocking test thing poops up around 835MHz. But.. maybe it is just a voltage thing :) Or maybe the test is just being crap and it'll actually work at 900MHz without artifacting (unlikely?!)

Coolbits is effected by the BIOS of the video card. Try modding or flashing the BIOS with a generic Nvidia ROM and see if that helps.