Programming

liamstears

If your still in school see if they offer programming classes I think thats the easy way to learn at least for me it was. I took a full year of VB my freshman year of high school and I took a semester of Java this year which was pretty easy but then towards the end of the class the teacher didn't explain something well and I totally got lost and just gave up because I really didn't want to do programming any more and I pulled a C in the class. But if you take a class you can always ask for help and have things explained which is better then any book can do.

Edited by BloodySunday

:) I can be useful sometimes!! I'd say avoid VB, mainly because I don't like it at all! I'd say go straight to C with a good tutorial book and lots of patience. I wish I had, I started in BASIC and... it's really quite different to C. I feel you get a much, much better understanding of what's going on with C.

Oh and yeah, int main(void) isn't a preprocessor directive at all as far as I am aware. If you got told it was from a book... please do state the book so we can all avoid it :)