3d Mark2003 Frustrating Me

papa_smurf

I can't get 3dmark 2003 to run; it errors off on me, but 2005 will run just fine. I even backed myself off to stock cpu frequency, and 3-3-3-10 timings on my 2-2-2-5 rated ram, but still no go. The only thing I've done to oc is I used riva tuner to change my 12 pipeline 6800 to 16 pipelines. Since it doesn't artifact in HL2 or Doom3, I"m pretty sure it's ok at it's current settings. My conclusion is that changing a 12 pipeline 6800 card to 16 pipelines will cause 3dmark03 to error off, but I'm wondering if anyone else can verify that, or if I'm missing something. I'd like to get 3dmark03 to run so I can use it to test my gfx card oc, but it refuses to run for me.

Guest Silenc3

HE did try stock, My guess is you fried something somewhere, might not have killed it, but 3dmark finds it weakness.

If he can completely get thru 2005, then he has no hardware problems with the system. 2005 would pick it up before 2003, as it's harder on the system.

My guess is a driver issue. 2003 is very picky and often shows it.

03 bulid 350 will rarely run for me either, 05 runs fine. Even at stock speeds it craps out on me in the CPU test. Sometimes it will complain about corrupted textures during the intial 4 tests. It takes an act of God to get my system to run all the way through.

Coincidence that we both have NV40s?

Mine runs fine. I am using the 66.93 drivers. I used rivatuner to try and unlock the pipes, but I got artifacts as soon as I got to the first load screen for the first test. I was using the V Studios Extreme G 70.21 drivers at the time. I had problems with those, they wouldn't ever save my changes to game profiles. As soon as I hit apply, they went back to default. I cleaned the drivers out really good and went back to the 66.93, and now they are doing it too. I guess it must be something with the card, it never happened with my FX 5700 Ultra. Now I have to manually set AA and AF settings and such before each game, like in the old drivers. Sorry to hijack a little, but has anyone else had this problem?

i only get 50 cdmarks on my hp, so i think its picky

402398[/snapback]

That's good for a FX5200 :D j/king

I use the 71.20b(Extreme G) and the 71.22s. Maybe that's why. The 71.24s are slower for benching so I don't use them.