Sign in to follow this  
Sanosuke_Sagara

Rome Total War

Hey guys, i like to play Rome Total War on complete maxed out Battle scales. (that means thers going to be alot alot alot alot of battle unites on screen at one time, much like the demonstrations on TV and History Channel)

And i was woundering what will allow me to do so better. a videocard? or upgrading motherboard.

I only have roughly 300bux right now, and If i build a system, I think i can get a 2800 Barton, to OC at 2.5Ghz. I was planning on also getting that huge thermalright and a Vantec fan to do so. ona DFI Lan Party mobo.

RIght now my OC is only at 2.225Ghz.

Will i noticed a big difference if i do that upgrade?

I was also thinking about doing that upgrade so i can build a lower end computer out of my current computer. so that I can use it for folding 24 hours. (like maybe throw a 1700+ in it and PC-2100 ram, and OC it to maybe 2000+)

but with 300bux... i don't exactly have enough money to get a Geforce 6800 Ultra or anything.

Currently i have a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro and its OCed with a VGA silencer. Iam not at home right now so i can't really look at it. Iam prety sure the core is at 415 and the memory is at 360.

welp which one will i do better with? changing out mobo and doing the 2.5Ghz or just wait for now and get a videocard later.

my motherboard specs are in my signature.

If it was me, I wouldn't put more money into an athlon xp system; I'd try to upgrade to 939. If there's no way you could do that, then I'd prefer a 754 board and new processor to an xp one. your video card is still pretty respectable, so I'd probably leave it be for now until prices on the next gen. cards come down more.

well i would say for mass battles memory and gpu would give u the biggest difference.

well i already have 1 gig of ram.

so you think i should just get a new videocard?

would getting a new Mobo, to nock a better OC do anything?

64 bit really isn't utilized yet though. I was planning on just waiting untill Long HOrn was out and maybe build a computer then.

definatly vid card

RTW is freaking awesome!!!

its heavily based on graphics

in battles with over 10k units.. I have to set everything at low :(

darn looks like i'll just wait untill videocards are cheaper.

or start putting alll my settings on low as well.... i love the high detail though... they just looooook so good.