Sign in to follow this  
Guest Poopsicle Boy

New To Building Pc'

Guest Poopsicle Boy
For ram i'd go with a gig of patriot pc4000. Right now my patriot pc4000 is at 310mhz so PATRIOT Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB (512MBx2) DDR PC-4000it's pretty good stuff.

398440[/snapback]

dont think that ram would work. my motherboard says

RAM: 4x DIMM Dual Channel DDR 266/333/400 Max 4GB

also didnt notice it was 2700 my bad.

some one just tell me the BEST ram i can get that will be compatable for around 200$ (1gb dual channel) give or take 10-20 bucks.

Edited by Poopsicle Boy

For ram i'd go with a gig of patriot pc4000. Right now my patriot pc4000 is at 310mhz so PATRIOT Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB (512MBx2) DDR PC-4000it's pretty good stuff.

398440[/snapback]

What timeings is that with? Thats really good that it can hit that. I have my OCZ running at 270Mhz w/ 2.5-4-3-10 . The 10 is because that seems to be optimal for A64 systems.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-146-996&depa=0 ocz 1gb dual channel ram kit yay or nay?

398441[/snapback]

Honestly, im not sure. for overclocking, i never recommend value ram, but it is cheaper. I have to recommend this even though its a bit pricey:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-146-890&depa=0

Also, you can run PC4000. it will just clock it down to whatever ur board is running at. it will simply gaurentee you that it will operate up to that speed. whether anything else will keep up w/ it is anyones guess lol

Guest Poopsicle Boy

whats the equivilent to that ram just about 50 dollars less?

well i havent used it myself, but seems good. the timeings aren't as tight but its cheaper. I have no idea how much of an overclocker it is though. should be good, just dont quote me on that :)

This stuff should be good for overclocking and cheap, but you would have to find the 1gb kit. all newegg had was the 512mb kit.

Guest Poopsicle Boy
well i havent used it myself, but seems good. the timeings aren't as tight but its cheaper. I have no idea how much of an overclocker it is though. should be good, just dont quote me on that :)

398456[/snapback]

sure thing buddy :)

do you have a specific price cap on this computer? if so, you should just use newegg to choose the parts you want but then use froogle and pricewatch to find the best prices. and as usual, make sure u use resellerratings.com to check the validity of the sites. :)

well if you want to save some money, go air. you can go water later on. I recommend the Thermalright XP-90 or XP-120. if you go w/ the 120, make sure it fits ur board. Thermalright has a compatability chart on their site. These are some of the best heatsinks. I have the XP-90 and its very good. It has helped me push my 2Ghz cpu to 2.7 :) I'm hoping to go water this summer, or maybe sometime before. depends when i get the funds.

EDIT: The $60 pricetag would make me a little leary. I'm not sure how Aspire PSU's are. You could google a review on it and see if you find anything. I'm at work right now and i have to go do something. i'll be back on later to see how ur doing. just make sure u research everythign very well before making purchases. it takes a while but you'll appreciate it later.

Guest Poopsicle Boy

the xp-120 says: Up to Athlon64 FX 3200+ (socket 939/940)/Athlon64 3200+ (socket 754) and above; Pentium-4 socket 478 3.2 GHz and above:

id be gettin a athlon63 3200+ socket 939. would that fit? it says only athlon64 FX for the socket 939. doesnt seem to me that it will. clarification anyone?

and anythoughts on the psu? found this one http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-103-922&depa=0

Edited by Poopsicle Boy