Satellite Internet

Ghost2520

my friends having the same problem.. He moved out into the now "rural" part of outer detroit, his closest neighbor is like a mile away lol. But the only internet he has available is earthlink. and some other crappy ones... so he called up comcast, asked if they would installl.. They said sure. Waited that 1 week, nothing.. 2 weeks, nothign.. finally he called. A tech said that they dont support him out there...His dad went berserk. Not only does he do half his business on the net, but also gotta keep intouch with relatives in europe (close knit family) so... his dad "negotiated" with the tech.. and well for about ~200 or so added to the installation bill. They are gonna have there internet in about mid feburaury/

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id go dialup if anything man I know people who play games with Satellite internet and they for one thing lagg and two they tell me they wish their internet was faster.

LAMO I cant believe id say it but atlest dialup isnt the laggyist internet out there. :lol:

Ghost my friend uses dial-up for eq2 and it runs fine. His load times are a little slow but I think that is becase his processor is a little slow. it's only a 1700+ I don't think cs:source or any shooters would be any good though.

jeez, i think that anything slower than 10megabit is a pain in the butt now that i am used to it....dial-up/cable/satellite......eurgh.....it'd be like strangling myself!

sorry to rub it in, but you know what it's like once you've had something good - going back to the sh|t alternative just plain sucks.

my friends having the same problem.. He moved out into the now "rural" part of outer detroit, his closest neighbor is like a mile away lol. But the only internet he has available is earthlink. and some other crappy ones... so he called up comcast, asked if they would installl.. They said sure. Waited that 1 week, nothing.. 2 weeks, nothign.. finally he called. A tech said that they dont support him out there...His dad went berserk. Not only does he do half his business on the net, but also gotta keep intouch with relatives in europe (close knit family) so... his dad "negotiated" with the tech.. and well for about ~200 or so added to the installation bill. They are gonna have there internet in about mid feburaury/

401393[/snapback]

Well my dad knows some guys that work for comcast...hopefully he can persuade them. If I have to though and there is absolutely no chance of getting cable modem than I'm really only surviving for a year and a half because after that I'll be in college and enjoying the luxury of T3. :lol: Unfortunatly I'd be missing out on some good internet games, Battlefield 2 and probably Stalker. :(

i think to sum up (from the above comments), Satellite internet is about as good as a poke in the eye with a sh|tty stick.

401431[/snapback]

Yah I realize that and it scares me. :( But crap darn't this may be my only option besides dial up!

I have direcway satelite internet and its 2mb down and 256up so its not that bad.  Laggy on games but i don't play them online but great for dl and browsing the web.

401642[/snapback]

Have you ever played any recent MMORPG's using it? Or possibly try playing a multiplayer FPS real quick and tell me what your average ping is over about 10 minutes? It would help me out a lot thanks.