Satellite Internet

Ghost2520

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya, satilite is not for gaming thats for sure, it kinda make sense when you think bout it, network to satilite (in space Lol) to you computer somewhere else on world. Scary.

satellite is very expensive and "direct" charges you a 700 dollar down payment.. thats for here though.. and its very slow.. my teacher mrs curry gets 48 kb/s MAX dload and upload its about 11kb/s max

Well I think there is some hope now. My mom is friends with the neighbor and apparently they have crazy amounts of money into technology ( they have like a 40 inch plasma for the PC monitor as well as an entire home theatre room.) Shes pretty sure that they have high speed internet so I'll just have to check and see who they are getting it through. Then again, they have a satellite dish on the side of their house... I'll hope thats just for TV. :unsure:

I've been reading up on it, haven't called to get a quote on prices but its not as slowas dial up. The old kind, which you guys talked about where they use the satellite for download and the modem line for upload was really slow. The new kind is all through the dish. A max of 400kbps download and 400kbps upload. Think thats fast enough to atleast play MMORPG's? They don't require near as much bandwidth as FPS games.

it doesn't matter for upload and download speeds, it helps yes, but were talking about ping. how long it takes the signal to get from u to who ur playing with. satilite will not be good for gamming itll have pings over 600 when u need pings below 150 for most games.