Sign in to follow this  
airman

*sigh*

wow. i feel terribly stupid. since i installed the console as a service, (about a week ago) something happened with my config. i looked in it, and there was nothing there! i had been folding for no one for the past week (on this machine) sooo....i pasted what nemo told me to do (with the exception of the name :lol:) saved it, closed out. i re-opened it, and...the config was gone again! soooo what i did, i decided to let [email protected] do the configging itself. i deleted the config file, and i opened the console version. did the config. NOW it's normal.

btw....I JUST PICKED UP MY FIRST 600POINTER! HORRAH!

congrats!

how long per frame does emIII say it is taking? it will have to crunch for a little bit to stabilize

congrats!

how long per frame does emIII say it is taking?

Edited by airman

You'll like this one airman - I just finished installing [email protected] on a new folding rig and it's first WU was a 600-pt Gromacs! (so was it's second one) It just finished the first step in 29 minutes. Of course it's a dual Opteron 248! That's 6 minutes fatster than my P4 running a single instance. I have a PIII 600 MHz that takes 2:30:00 per step. So I guess it all depends on your processor whether an hour and a half is good.

wow, my P3 mobile 1Gig does those in 1:17 per frame, the dual instance P4 rig in my sig does them in about 44min/frame

lol i don't know yet.  it hasn't completed a frame yet so....i'll let everyone know when it does.

an hour and 24 minutes per frame.  that good/bad?  that's an awfully long time...

401356[/snapback]

My AthlonXP 2500+ @2.3GHz does a frame for a 600 point WU in about an hour flat. I have only had two of those units though so it's not exactly a reliable number :ph34r: