Nv5 On 6800ultra

CmpFreak88

I was considering buying an NV5 for my BFG 6800Ultra but I read on a review that it's not worth it for the price. I thought it would be for the added advantage of the exhaust and that it could cool better. Would it be better to buy this or to lap my current cooler and apply some AS5? Thanks.

The rev2 is supposed to be very good. However, you will have to cut off half your mounting bracket to put the NV silencer on. This will void your warranty. I believe a better alternative is to buy the eVGA copper heatsink and lap it. Slap some AS5 on there and you will be set. I get 40C idle with the lapped copper heatsink and AS5.

If I can get better temps and a better overclock I consider it definitely worth it, but if not as I read in a review, I wouldn't want to buy it. But this does have the rear exhaust and it would also keep my CPU cooler. Wouldn't I have to cut my stock backplate though? Thanks for the replies so far.

Greg, would you happen to have a link?