How Long To Get Work Packet?

BrewMeister2010

Maybe this has happened before and I just never noticed because I wasn't paying attention, but since I have added two computers I've been checking it all the time.

Anyway, for the past 12 hours or so, my main computer has been "attempting to get work packet" and now that one of my others finished a WU this morning it is saying the same thing. What is the deal here? Is anyone else getting this message? Does anyone know how to make it hurry up and get the dang work packet already?

Help! I was making good progress. :(

I presume that if your home network is ok and stuff that it is the folding @ home server. Occasionally it does go down or stops serving up files for a little while.

You could try restarting the folding program or restarting your computers and then letting it try again. You may just have to wait though.

What server is the client trying to access? Once you find that out, check the Stanford Server Status page and see what's up with the server - is it down or under a heavy load?

You can always try to force it to choose another server but stopping and restarting the client - this doesn't always work the first time and you may have to try several times to get it to pick up work from another server.

Good Luck!